Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Being a Mommy Doesn't Come With Directions

So yesterday I brought you all the story of the student who drew and anatomically correct picture of her father.  While typing that my daughter managed to get my just filled britta pitcher off of the counter which she dumped all over the floor as she's pulled it down.

Using my ShamWows that needed to be almost 5x bigger to handle her spill, i dried my floor and my yoga mat.

Today I got a letter back from the mother of my little artist.

The letter read;

"miss weller, 
thank you for making us aware of C.M's drawing yesterday.  We had a long talk with her about private parts and what is and isn't acceptable to talk about look at, or draw. She also told us that she doesn't know how to draw clothes on people but we said she doesn't have to draw what's under the clothes..."

I am know filling out report cards and can't help but chuckle as I read

Art
- Show originality

What will i put down for CM?  A resounding YES

No comments:

Post a Comment