Friday, October 8, 2010

My Day Off

I have decided that if this is how my days off are going to go... I never want another one of them.

I picked Alayna up from daycare yesterday and she had goop draining from her  ear.  So i called her doctors office to make an appointment for today.  I asked them about her 12 month shots that she is post due for.  I was told that if she had an ear infection that she had to wait 48 hours before she could have the shots.  I made the appointment and figured i could get her shot records for the daycare and the child care assistance program while i was there.

Issue 1, despite 2 faxes, one in august and one today, her doctor in PA had still not sent her medical records to her new doctor.  After a few phone calls i have them in hand.

Get them to the daycare find out they're not acceptable because she hasn't had her 12 month shots, told them what i was told they said she needed a note.  Called the doctor, found out that as long as she doesn't have a fever she could have gotten them.  Problem is now i can't afford them, Dad had to give me the money for the doctor visit since I'm still waiting on the children's medicaid program.  I'm making an appointment to get them for her this week (and the polio vaccine that wasn't given at her 6 month check up like it was suppose to be).  Hopefully the daycare will let her attend knowing it's pending because i can't take two or three days off work because they won't let her come with her shots being out of date.

Off to the Child Care Assistance office.  I'm applying because daycare is almost 1/2 of my monthly income and it's making things uber tight, like pay for gas with nickels tight (i have done that a couple of times in the past two months).  They routed my case to the wrong parish, it can still be processed but i have to drive to St. Tammany parish a 1/2 away to handle all the stuff, like today with my finger imaging.

and to top my day off, i got an email from Geico, my new car insurance company that my payment wasn't processed.  Turns out they made a typo and couln't find the account. 

It's almost all taken care of, but if this is how every day off is going to go for me, i dread the week long thanksgiving break.... scrap that...No i don't, someone very special to me is coming to visit the weekend before it, so i'm sure my next day off work will be 100x better.  But today was still awful, and yet still a great example of how God still works everything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment