Sunday, October 31, 2010

Randomness At It's Finest

I have 14 students in my Kindergarten class, 6 girls, 8 boys.  This past Thursday, one of the girls was absent.  Her grandmother also teaches at the school and informed me that the night before the little girl had had a high fever and all though she was feeling much better that morning she still had to keep her home for 24 hours before her returning to school.

Kindergartners are notoriously nosy, they need to know what is going on at all times with everyone they know. One student asked why the missing student wasn't at school that day.  I told them she had been sick the evening before, was feeling better, but had to stay home.  They then wanted to know why, if she was feeling better, that she still stayed home.

I explained that when you have a fever the doctor says you have to stay home 24 hours, a whole day.  To which one boy commented...

"That's just like my grandma's jello"

...
....



To which i responded, "What?

He replied, "Grandma said the jello has to be in the refrigerator fr 24 hours before we can eat it".

Random but OKAY

No comments:

Post a Comment