Saturday, September 11, 2010

And He's Safe!

As a teacher you should never..... 

Laugh when one of your students wipe out on the playground.

In my defense

1.) I was laughing at what my coworker said not actually at the wipe out

2.) It was a really awesome wipe out


Okay so one of my students was running across the playground.  His head got a head of his feet and he did a perfect on the belly slide into home plate like belly flop into the loose dirt on the playground, right in front of 3 of the 4 teachers on recess duty.

Without missing a beat, one of the pre-K 4 (year olds) teacher's goes "And he's safe".

Of course that left me laughing as i'm trying to see if my student is all right.   This is not helped by his proclamation not to worry about the dirt because its just "one spot", which extended from his collar to his socks.

After collecting myself, by sending him into wash his knee up on his own, so i could laugh and get it out of my system, and applying a bandaged to his scrapped knee...

All was well again and he went back out to the playground to play

No comments:

Post a Comment