Saturday, September 4, 2010

Guess What?!?!?! -- Purple Polkadotted Penguins?

Kids are very perceptive.  For this reason it is very important that a teacher not react to a student in sarcasm ever.

So have this issue where when I get annoyed I get a little sarcastic (as anyone who ever read my wal-mart chronicles would know).

I have this little boy in my class, who is a very sweet, very talkative child. The most common phrase I hear from him is:

"Miss Weller, Guess what?, my brother and I, Guess what?..." and it goes on.  Every part of his sentences are interrupted with "Guess What?"

I can not remember a specific story of his, but lets pretend his dad took him on a Louisiana Swamp tour.  I'm sure the story would go like this...

"Miss Weller, Guess what?, My dad and I, Guess what?, well we went on a boat and guess what? it was in the swamp, and guess what? it made a lot of noise, and guess what? we saw an alligator and guess what it was swimming, and guess what? it was really big, and Guess what?...."

I have reach a point where I want to answer his "guess what" 's with random things like:

"purple polka-dotted penguins" or "oak trees"

It is an exercise in biting my tongue.  God is testing my patience. I hope I don't fail this particular test, but the more i hear, "guess what?" the more tempting the sarcasm gets.

So....

GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment