Monday, August 30, 2010

I Am Thankful Monday Only Comes Once A Week

My morning started out good.  I got up on time, Alayna didn't fight me when she was getting dressed this morning.  I actually remembered to take my lunch with me to school,  Alayna was at daycare by 7:15, I was at the school by 7:30.  Then I got busy working on some things and now I'm running late to pick up my students from chapel. And I can now see that this is definitely a MONDAY!

My students were extra chatty today, a few were cranky from the weekend, and their lack of a bedtime.  And one student surprised me most of all.

J.T. - "Miss Weller, I have something in my ear."

Me - "What's in your ear?"

J.T. - shrugs

Me - "Come here let me look.  Why did you put tissue paper in your ear? Come with me we'll see if Miss Kelly or Miss Nicole has something to get that out with, I know I don't"

Thankfully Miss Nicole has fingernails and it wasn't too far in (just far enough he couldn't get it back out himself).

Me (to the class) - "Do NOT stick random objects in your ears or nose, they could get stuck"

I know I shouldn't be surprised that I had to make this statement to my class of 5 year old's, but it still topped my Monday.

Lets hope Tuesday is a better day.  lol

1 comment: