Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Can't Help But Be Happy

I really don't know how to even begin the joy that i have felt in the last two years.

In December of 2008 I found myself single and pregnant.  My then boyfriend's response to me telling him I was pregnant was to break up with me.  I was scared.  I wasn't sure I was ready to be a parent because I was still in college.  I was alone, or so I thought. And was terrified my family and church family up home would be upset with me.

I wasn't alone at all though.  My family and my church family welcomed me and my daughter with open arms.  They were supportive of me during my pregnancy and as well after her birth.  What at one point was the most frightening thing I ever faced, became the greatest blessing God has ever given me.  Seeing her happy and growing well makes every struggle and sacrifice worth it.

But God's blessing haven't stopped there.  In February I met my biological father (a longer story that I may one day share for those who don't all ready know it), a DNA test in March confirmed it, and in May we met in person officially.  My sister-in-law gave me a magazine where i found an add for enrolling students in a private school down here.

I sent them my resume, and am now teaching Kindergarten full time.  In July they contacted me, by August 1rst I was in Louisiana.

Today the last stone fell into place.  Within a week of being down here i found a church I felt comfortable in. Today I became a member of Faith Baptist Church.  I have my Daughter, the missing part of my family, a decent job in a field I've worked for years to get into, and a great church where I know i can grow and serve, as well as see my daughter grow up.  I hope that one day she will fully understand what I believe, and why it is so important to me. I hope that one day she will see how gracious the hand of God was to us before she was born and following her birth. 

A child should have both parents, but that doesn't always happen.  All I can do, is do my best, and let God take care of the rest.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful that you've found a place, I hope that it is a blessing to you both <3

    ReplyDelete