Friday, January 21, 2011

SPIDERS!!!!!

Hello, My name is Rhiannon, and I suffer from arachnophobia.

THERE I SAID IT

I'm pathetic when it comes to spiders.  I get freaked out by pictures of spiders.

My grandmother likes to tell the story of when i was a teenager, freaking out over a spider in the shower.  I screamed as though i was being killed, hit my leg off the faucet, bent the faucet.  Grandma couldn't find the spider even with me pointing at it.  It was small, and was the same color as the wall.

In highschool I had a teacher who had a pet tarantula in his classroom.  I was less than fond of it.  My teacher wanted to show me that they were harmless so he got it from it's tank and stood next to me with it on HIS hand.  I shook and cried.  When the spider escaped from its tank, my teacher told me he'd taken it home while it molted.  when it showed up in the tank a few weeks later, he THEN informed me that it had been loose in the classroom.

I asked him what he would have done had it crawled up by me during class.  His response? "Probably scrape you off the ceiling".

So flash forward to today...

One of my students brought a GIANT remote controlled spider to school today.

I knew it was there, he was good about it.  Only got it out to play at recess

I was watching the play ground, not the ground.

I feel something touch my ankle and.....

THERE WAS THE SPIDER

I screamed, jumped, ran

He laughed, fell on the ground, laughing to hard to even stand back up.

Then he took to chasing girl in my class around with it.  After that the spider was forced to be a captive to his book-sack.

I hope he enjoyed himself.  I'm afraid I'm going to have nightmares.

2 comments:

  1. I think that just very well may be funnier than our mid-night trip to the bathroom when you thought there was a spider in the curtain and I found it to be a fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I remember correctly you once required me to come up the street and kill one for you because no one was home, LOL

    ReplyDelete