Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Where's Dick?

So today a little boy in my group at the daycare i'm working at came up to me with a puzzle i'd given them to entertain themselves with during quiet time (little kids who are on the other side of the divider are napping) and he tells me that he likes the puzzle, and wants to do it, but can't read.

The puzzle, i should explain,  is a picture with a list of things to find in the picture.  Not difficult but does require some reading skills.

I told him he could work with another boy who can read if they will whisper only and not talk.  He said they would and joined the other child to work on the puzzle.

A few minutes later that same little boy comes back to me, "Where's dick? I can't find dick."

I didn't remember any names of people on the list so i asked him "what are you looking for? "

He goes "Dick! see (pointing to the word in the list) this word right here"

"Oh!!" I replied after reading the word, "You're looking for a dUck"

No comments:

Post a Comment